*** Submission of Entries 13 Sept 2019 ***
Under the key thrusts, SILA welcomes initiatives and collaborations with tertiary institutions, and works closely with them to continuously advance the learning and practice of landscape architecture. SILA believes in providing educational support to nurture the future leaders of the profession.
Therefore, the SILA Student Awards is organized with the following goals:
- To spread awareness of the courses available in Singapore and in the region for the pursuit of landscape design and disciplines in related fields, so as to nurture the future leaders of the landscape architecture profession.
- To publicly acknowledge the efforts and talents of future landscape practitioners from Singapore and regional institutions.
- To create an environment which will encourage, raise exposure and sustain the creative spirit of young landscape practitioners and enhance standards of landscape architecture in Singapore and the region.
- To establish strong ties between Singapore and regional institutions to promote networking and raise the profile of the landscape architecture profession.
The theme 'Beyond Just Green' epitomizes the intellectual rigor of the profession, inspiring creative design solutions within parameters determined by research and analysis. It aims to create awareness that landscape architecture goes beyond the 'green' norms of designing with plants and gardens.
Collaborators and interested institutions for the event include:
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore)
- Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore)
- Temasek Polytechnic (Singapore)
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Singapore)
- Other institutions from Asia-Pacific region and other parts of the world.
Eligibility: Current students and fresh graduates in 2018 & 2019.
Polytechnic Category- SGD35
University Category- SGD35
(exclusive of 7% GST which is applicable)