Experts within many industries agree that costs across every sector will continue to rise in the next years and supply chain plays a vital role in mitigating its impact to organizations.
This confirms the need of logistics professionals, as key drivers in the supply chain functions, to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills aligned to industry standards to initiate process streamlining and execution. These improvements will ensure satisfied customers, continued revenue streams and reduced cost.
Are your people equipped with the competencies to manage your logistics process?
This course introduces attendees to the core of supply chain execution which is logistics. It will tackle fundamental concepts which includes managing logistics as a cohesive system, understanding tradeoffs and cost/service optimization. This module will also tackle forecasting and its application to logistics decision. This involves understanding how logistics can help direct and prioritize in order to better match supply and demand.
This course covers the first two modules of APICS CTLD (Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution) a certification program which covers a comprehensive body of knowledge that sets the global standard for best practices in logistics, transportation and distribution.
· Obtain, drive and initiate new idea of logistics strategies and reduce the total logistics cost
· Set the global standard for best practices in logistics that can improve the organization's bottom line
· Understand the basic steps in the forecasting process and time-series forecast.
· Supply Chain Managers
· Logistics Managers
· Demand Planning Analysts
· Logistics Planning Manager
Session 1: Logistics and Fundamentals Topic
· Logistics Introduction
· Supply Chain Management and the Role of Logistics
· The value of Logistics Management
· Logistics Costings
Session 2: Logistics Strategy
· Goals and Objectives
· Value Proposition
· Cost and Service Optimization
· Production Life Cycles
· Organizational Design and Supply Chain Synchronization
· Logistics Relationship
· Risk Management
· Performance Management and Key Performance Indicators
Session 3: Lean Logistics
· Lean Principles
· Agile Supply Chain
· Six Sigma
Session 1: Aligning Supply and Demand
· How and Why Forecasts are Created
· Interpreting Forecast
Session 2: Translating Demand into Capacity Planning
· Information Flow
· Transportation Considerations
· Warehousing Considerations
Session 3: Demand Management
· Demand Characteristics
· Planning and scheduling
Session 4: Sourcing and procurement of inventory
· Procurement Process
· Purchasing Strategy
· Supplier Selection
· PASIA Member: PHP 17,000 | USD $400
· Non Member: PHP 19,000 | USD $500
This 2-day training will be held on July 16, 2018 to July 17, 2018 at the PASIA training center, Philippines. If registrants reach 15, the training will be at the Marriott hotel, Philippines.
As for overseas attendees who are interested, the airfare cost to Manila is approximately $500 (economy) while hotel accommodations ranges from $150 to $200 per day (Belmont Hotel/Holiday Inn). Assistance in hotel bookings can be made upon request.
PASIA Training Center
10th Floor, DPC Place Building, 2322, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, 1231 Metro Manila
For additional event or venue information, please send an email to email@example.com